Wednesday, July 1, 2009

"I HAVE FEELINGS"

“I Have Feelings” (For Dawson, Libby, Jenna)

"When baby brother takes my toys –
That’s when I’m sad a bit –
But sharing solves the problem quick –
And I get over it."

"When thunder rolls and lights go out –
That’s when I feel quite scared –
But we have candles in the house
My parents have prepared."

"When every thing goes wrong at once –
Or when I get worn down –
I might feel just a little mad –
But I can smile, not frown."

And what makes you feel glad? I asked
A beaming three-year old:
"When Jesus whispers in my ear –
It tickles some, you know.

When Jesus whispers in my ear –
Or when the Holy Ghost –
It kind of tickles then, you know –
That’s when I’m glad the most."

(1 July 2009, Sunbeam class, Grove Creek 8th Ward, Pleasant Grove, Utah)

1 comment:

Cynthia Hallen said...

The three-year old children in my Sunbeam class at Church are capable of sharing comments in our lesson discussions. Jenna's comment about the Lord and the Holy Ghost whispering in her ear created pure joy. I could not ask her what They whispered to her.