Sunday, October 26, 2008

"AS YOU WISH"


All I have left is Poetry
To keep my Hope alive –
This stimulating Company
Ensures that I’ll Survive.
I may not charm a farm-boy Prince –
He may not have the Time –
But I can print enchanting Scripts
In Canticles sublime.

All I have left is Melody
To keep my Harp in tune
For delicate glissando Notes –
Arpeggios of Noon.
I may not meet a gallant Knight –
He may not pass this Way –
But I shall stitch a linen Thread
Into a latter Day –

All I have left is Prosody
As Bridle for my Heart –
The beneficial Boundary
Brings bounty to my Art.
I may not marry in this Life –
That may not be my Role –
But I dare write a Record for
The dowry of my Soul.

All I have left is Harmony
As templet for my Loom –
The warp and weft will lift the Weight
Of waiting – in the Tomb.
I may not know the Hero well
Who wins immortal Fame
By slaying dragons for my Sake –
But I can spell His Name.

(26 October 2008, Pleasant Grove, Utah)

No comments: