Tuesday, November 9, 2010

CHARIOT PRAYER

CHARIOT PRAYER

“I’m looking for you, Little One.”
The voice seemed from the radio –
Awoke me from a needy sleep –
Began a prayer in stereo.

“I’m here,” I mumbled. “Here am I.”
I stumbled to the window sill –
Expecting snow – was met with Dawn –
Perhaps the Call was songbird’s trill?

I cannot dictate Time – nor Place –
Nor Manner – Purpose – my domain.
But shall I ask the Lord to take
My brother home? Relieve his pain?

How dost Thou set the captive free?
I have no keys to Where – nor When –
But Angels keep my Lazarus –
Awaiting Thy divine “Amen.”

(9 November 2010, Pleasant Grove, Utah)

2 comments:

Jeffrey Subramanian said...

Deep. Personal. Vivid.

Cynthia Hallen said...

My brother was in the hospital when I wrote this. He is there again now, so it is good for me to remember this prayer.