Thursday, August 21, 2008

WAITING SONNET


?Marido, mi angél, dónde estás?
?Estás en los cielos, o siglos atrás?
?En las montañas, o sobre el mar?
!Sí no puedo verte, voy a llorar!

?Esposo, mi novio, cuando vendrás?
Sintigo mi gozo es menos, no más.
Buscando tu cara en dondequier,
?Si no te escucho, qué puedo hacer?

I never thought I’d see home in this life.
I thought I’d never hear the call of “Wife!”
“Don’t cheat yourself,” Apostle said, “Prepare!”
No matter who, what, when, why, how, or where.

Live to let the Lord lead you to your love,
And trust His time for all of the above.

(August 16, 2008, Pleasant Grove, Utah)

1 comment:

Cynthia Hallen said...

The photograph is the Yew Tree Farm in the Lakes District of northern England. Beatrix Potter bought it, and though she did not live there, she established a little tea room so that walkers and hikers could refresh themselves. I stayed here July 27-29, 2008.