Tuesday, February 10, 2009

“WRINKLES IN TIME”



My spirit blooms – my body fades –
This is no time for masquerades –
Cosmetic youth is useless now –
But inner strength augments somehow.

My shoulders bend – my courage grows –
This is no time for stiff repose –
Poetic voice is vibrant here –
I have to be a pioneer.

The pace is quick – response is slow –
There is so much I still don’t know –
The beauty that I long to be
Is coming out in spite of me –

The ageing mars – the laughter mends –
Both earth and heaven are my friends –
Prophetic truth is useful still
As I seek to obey Thy will.

(9 February 2009, Pleasant Grove, Utah)

1 comment:

Outsideofacat said...

a different take on the theme of ageing than my "grandpa gone fishing" - i like it. i like the straightforward pattern you chose for this, - a strong voice for a strong message. i posted another "age" poem just earlier, which is more positive (i hope / feel) than the fishing one.